Pre-assembled irrigation and solar pump panel systems
Pump Panel Systems
A complete and robust range of pre-assembled irrigation and solar pump panel systems that provide a solution for a wide variety of pumping applications. These panel systems are enclosed in weather-tight protection units which are available in several sizes and panel variations depending on the control and the environment of the installation.
The uncluttered panel layout also allows for reasonable working space which can significantly simplify installation, commissioning, and servicing.
The preconfigured VSD’s (variable speed drives) reduce the amount of energy drawn by the pump motor by controlling the speed while keeping a constant pressure in the line. Even a small reduction in speed can give significant savings.
Irrigation Pump Panels
Solar (PV) Pump Panels
Specifying your operating hours
Specify your combined solar panel’s wattage according to the
time of day you wish to pump.
– Normal operating hours* = 1.5 x pumps Kilowatts
– Early & late operating hours* = 2 x pumps Kilowatts
Calculating your PV Array
See below example:
Motor specification – 1kW 3 phase 400V 50Hz
PV panel specification – 154 VOC, 120 VMP, 150W
VFD specification – 770 VDC max, 450 VDC min (PV4)
* * VOC-Voltage Open Circuit
VMP-Voltage Maximum Point
VDC-Voltage Direct Current
1) Determine the maximum amount of panels
connected in series
PV panels (VDC max ÷ VOC)
– 770 VDC max ÷ 154 VOC = 5 (PV panels connected in series)
2) Calculate the power requirements based on
“normal operating hours” (1.5 x pump kW)
– Total Power required = Pump kW x 1.5 – Total Power required = 1kW x 1.5 = 1500W
– Power per string = 150W panel x 5
– Power per string = 750W
– Amount of strings needed = 1500W ÷ 750W
– Amount of strings needed = 2
Therefore the array will be 2 stings of 5 panels each &
electrical panel Part Number = 015PV4