Liquid Ring Vacuum Pumps offer the following
- High Vacuum. Up to 25 mm Hg absolute, and higher (with other service liquid).
- Long Life and Low Maintenance Cost. The impellers and shaft are the only moving parts. The impellers have no contact with the casing. There are no sliding vanes or valves.
- Vibration-free and Noiseless Operation. Rugged construction and the absence of reciprocating parts ensure vibration-free and noiseless operation.
- Non-pulsating Gas Flow.
- No Internal Lubrication.
- Liquid and Vapor Handling. Liquid Ring Vacuum Pumps are capable of handling large quantities of vapor. Small amounts of liquid drawn in from the system will pass through the pump without causing damage.
- Low Starting Torque.
- Different service liquids may be used.
- Materials of construction. Pumps can be constructed from a wide range of materials to suit corrosive conditions.
- Delivery of absolutely oil-free air. When the unit is used as a compressor.
Maximum vacuum and capacity obtainable with Liquid Ring Vacuum Pumps depends directly on the vapor pressure of the service liquid. Higher vacuum and capacities than indicated in the capacity tables may be achieved by using the following methods:
a) Using a special oil as the service liquid instead of water. The low vapor pressure of
the oil allows maximum vacuums down to 12mm Hg absolute. In addition, the capacity in the higher vacuum range will increase.
b) By replacing one or more gas ejectors in series with the pump.
c) By operating a Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump in series with a mechanical booster, ultimate vacuums down to 1 mm Hg absolute and capacities up to 8000 m3/h are obtainable with this combination.